However, to his own astonishment, Shinichi lives to see another day, but now in the body of a seven-year-old child. Perfectly preserving his original intelligence, he hides his real identity from everyone, including his childhood friend Ran Mouri and her father, private detective Kogorou Mouri. To this end, he takes on the alias of Conan Edogawa, inspired by the mystery writers Arthur Conan Doyle and Ranpo Edogawa. Detective Conan follows Shinichi who, as Conan, starts secretly solving the senior Mouri’s cases from behind the scenes with his still exceptional sleuthing skills, while covertly investigating the organization responsible for his current state, hoping to reverse the drug’s effects someday. [Written by MAL Rewrite]
- Type: TV
- Episodes: Unknown
- Status: Currently Airing
- Aired: Jan 8, 1996 to ?
- Premiered: Winter 1996
- Broadcast: Saturdays at 18:00 (JST)
- Producers: Yomiuri Telecasting, Animax, YTV, TMS-Kyokuchi, Shogakukan
- Licensors: Funimation, Crunchyroll
- Studios: TMS Entertainment
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Adventure, Mystery, Comedy, Police, Shounen
- Duration: 25 min.
- Rating: PG-13 – Teens 13 or older